I am Alan...

Life is always full of contradictions...

Sunday, December 12, 2004

SMP CAMP: A Revelation

Can I blog now???
I am really overwhelmed by the camp emotionally, I’ve learnt so much about being somebody human, and about being a mentor and most importantly, how to interact with others…

For these genre of camps like SMP, I’ve think I have only attended about 5 in all my life, and frankly speaking, I’ve found all to be boring and meaningless??? Especially: Why Must We Cheer??? Hahaha..I guess I really know the answer now, but I will keep it close to me…Anyway I’ve been dishing out advices in the affirmation session, and I do hope that the mentees do think through those suggestions…Similarly I am thinking through what the others had to say about me too…

However in SMP, the camp’s really fun and meaningful. The story goes like this…

Day 1: Other than our ICs, Maureen and Daniel, most of the people were in half dying state, I guess with thoughts like I think I make a mistake by coming to this camp flying around in their heads, me inclusive of course, of course it would be sianz right?…So the day started quite slowly…and most of the kids were jus plain annoying or jus kept to themselves. However by the lashing session, all were changed, the kids really take heart in the lessons and tried to learn all the knots diligently…WOW I was amazed and of course very happy to see them doing so…But of course the best thing got to be the night walk, though we were under instructions to be quiet throughout the walk( and we did), we managed to even show small support in subtle ways by encouraging each other through whispers. I was really impressed…

Day 2: With our lashing skills, it was no wonder that our raft was the best of the day…But it would not be possible if everybody chipped in their best efforts. This is something I never experienced in all the camps I went, especially when everybody is so half hearted. So from that point onwards, I was influenced and tried to show enthusiasm in all the activities that I am involved…The best part was round off by Philson actually helping Daniel with the BBQ, Edmund being the Model for the pageant and of course the skit ( the most enjoyable skit that i've ever done), once again the focus was not on how well we did these things but it was how we truly enjoyed ourselves…(A 100 Thanks to Tse Peng oso, u managed to survive with 2 big lazy guys like us!!! Hhaha…No worries, we r jus glad to have u, not only because u managed to put a lot of our words into actions. Whatever help you need next time, I will be around…Thks)

I am still a bit reserved today and not exactly very vocal. But this camp has changed me at least 200%… I am now more confident of myself, and not being easily swayed by others…I am simply glad that I went to this SMP camp, it’s been a revelation J

If you think whatever u do is a waste of time, it is definitely a waste of time. If u think whatever u’ve gone through is a good learning experience, then it is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home