I am Alan...

Life is always full of contradictions...

Monday, January 03, 2005

The Slaughtering of the Myanmese…

Pre Season Begins…

Absolutely ridiculous…This is the 1st time that I’ve ever experience something close to a riot, while watching soccer in Kallang. Malay skinheads, about the age of 17 to 18, were rounding up and battering Myanmese soccer fans.

It was madness. No doubt, security was slack, but who would expect such things to happen in the peaceful streets of Singapore? But then again, the Myanmese weren’t saints either on or off the pitch. Ridiculous crotch thrusting actions by the Myanmar reserve goalkeeper after being sent off for throwing a water bottle at Mani was simply unpardonable and provocative. And did I mention Myanmar player kicking mud at the referee??? Did anybody thought about the effects on the minds to our young sons of Singapore? It was such a bad influence that if I were a parent, I’d probably not want my child to be in the stadium. Not only because of fears of being hit, but also fears of being led astray by the extremely lawless crowd.

It was a disaster…No matter who won…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home