I am Alan...

Life is always full of contradictions...

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Just realised that i am only 2 days away from 2005

Finally Back from Klang…

It’s had been a busy few days in Klang, there was nothing much I could do in my free time, simply because there isn’t any free time to start with in the 1st place…Was visiting relatives on behalf of my parents day after day ( They were in Singapore). Food glorious food…Went to restaurants, tried the Klang’s famous Bah Kut The, Having steamboat…Wow…Speechless… Anyway, this trip has further reinforced my belief’s that Malaysians are very hospitable, irregardless of whether they really know you or not…As such, I must make sure I return the favors when I see them again…Some Observations…

1. Ah Gu ( Uncle) seems very dejected with life generally in malaysia, give me a feel that he is nearing a mid life crisis, nevertheless still appears to be very confident in front of the whole family…Guess that’s the role man always has to take up.

2. K.L is a very grey city, with serious pollution problems, and serious urban planning faults.

3. Some of the old trades are going to be phased out nevertheless…But proper certification programs need to be in place before such things can be carried out. (Ah Kiong: Who would need phone repair if there is a Nokia Care centre with guarantee???)

4. Saw my Dua Yi, Er Yi, Ah Gu, Wu Yi , PoPo, Ah Gong, Jiu Mu, Yi Diu, and 6 cousins during the trip.

5. Went with gifts of 3 boxes of chocolates and RM200…Came back with RM 600, 2 watches and a host of gifts…(That’s how hospitable they are…).

6. Once again realized and witnessing how men are troubled by families at home, work and play. (Ah Feng)

7. Finally, realized that as an undergrad, many think that I am a whiz kid or something like that…But then again who can blame them? They just heard of too many unsuccessful cases.

8. Lastly, Mandarin was the least used language there; I basically speak dialect and English in
Klang since I do not know Malay. I am also known as Ah Loon to my seniors or Ah Loon Kor Kor to my juniors. Basically I had no problems with that…I am really very glad that I am known as Ah Loon. Just don’t really like Alan ( well it was a given name too!), other for the sake of convenience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home