I am Alan...

Life is always full of contradictions...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Student Mentoring Program

In short, the student mentoring program has always been known as SMP.
I am glad that i am a part of this wonderful program for the past 3 years. In addition to the different leadership skills learned from army, SmP has further introduce and hone that human touch in me. Though still not a great leader or some extremely compassionate guy, SmP has brought me to a stage that i never thought i would be in ever in my whole life. It has definitely made me a better person and a more confident chap than before. Even me myself marvel at the changes that i thought will never occur to me. :)

1. Friends galore. (Shuqi and Karen and Soon Tien joins the list, hahah) Better than most of the Economics mates i've known in NUS. Without these bunch of friends, i might just be another nerd residing in NUS. Or worse, become one of the many uncompassionate or fake persona in the EC department. At least these friends are really those who will stand by me. At least i know now.

2. For Piggy Jia and Paper Bottle, Thanks man... The 2 of you really CAP the list of best frens i have in SMP. The 2 of you must be the best things that happen to me in SMP. Throughout these days, we had still manage to keep in contact and treat other well. (Or not so well, considering after how you all treat me after the camp ;P)

3. Anyway, SCS and SMP had really changed me in how i look at things and how i deal with youths. It's so different from what i've imagined. Really different. Not all youths behave the same way as i do, and yet, what are the challenges facing them? And why is it so different from what i had faced in the past. It's a question that will never ever be answered. Only understanding helps.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:57 AM, Blogger lepetitz said…

    wah... finally paying tribute to us le!!! but hor.. u gave us very ugly names leh!! wahaha.. whey, da shi teng, ma shi ai ok! we scold u coz we 'love' u! wahahaha *pukez*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home